- thoughts thought after lorelai gilmore’s demise & my best professional failure thus far (tormented mentors III)
- summer lovin’, kafka dreamin’
- the 30-something friend you should never have slept with introduces you to his mentor, and the power imbalance between the two of you is finally crystal clear
- shaken up
- ah, bartleby! ah, incomprehensible urge to do whatever i feel i shouldn’t!
eithernor on when dorothy parker meets the… Jona on when dorothy parker meets the…
- Adored fascists
- Curriculum vitae
- Just for the hell of it
- Nothing fails like success
- Pragmatics of the outside
- Promises to keep & miles to go
- Pun intended
- Rage against the Zeitgeist
- Self-conscious on the couch
- Sentimental Valium
- Senza categoria
- Speculative (life)fiction
- Stuck in the middlebrow
- Two and the same
- Xanax, Xanax, Xanax on
- Yellow Notebook
- Follow Either/Nor on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Sentimental Valium
the 30-something friend you should never have slept with introduces you to his mentor, and the power imbalance between the two of you is finally crystal clear
“isn’t he just great?” “he’s something. how old is he?” “76” “does he have any children?” “oh, no, not yet”.
smudged tears, bruised lipstick, blackened ego
i would prefer not to, but i do it anyway. i dislike it thoroughly and repeat it the next day.
sometimes he lies awake at night, and he asks “where have i gone wrong?”. then a voice says to him “this is going to take more than one night.” so he likes the voice on facebook and peace is restored. … Continue reading
the manager of a gambling den, a right-wing politician who writes soft-porn fiction on the side, and a spanish teacher recovering from morphine addiction walk into a bar.
for some women ex-boyfriend reunions are erotic dreams. for others they’re jokes.
as long as they do so the same way i like them: against their better judgement.