- thoughts thought after lorelai gilmore’s demise & my best professional failure thus far (tormented mentors III)
- summer lovin’, kafka dreamin’
- the 30-something friend you should never have slept with introduces you to his mentor, and the power imbalance between the two of you is finally crystal clear
- shaken up
- ah, bartleby! ah, incomprehensible urge to do whatever i feel i shouldn’t!
eithernor on when dorothy parker meets the… Jona on when dorothy parker meets the…
- Adored fascists
- Curriculum vitae
- Just for the hell of it
- Nothing fails like success
- Pragmatics of the outside
- Promises to keep & miles to go
- Pun intended
- Rage against the Zeitgeist
- Self-conscious on the couch
- Sentimental Valium
- Senza categoria
- Speculative (life)fiction
- Stuck in the middlebrow
- Two and the same
- Xanax, Xanax, Xanax on
- Yellow Notebook
- Follow Either/Nor on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Nothing fails like success
you shouldn’t be allowed to pick your teenage idols until you’re 45 (if you want a second opinion on this, e-mail alanis morissette at email@example.com.)
dreams can come true: look at me baby i’m with you. you know you gotta have hope, you know you’ve got to be strong.
you can lead what-if-ing to even-though-ing, but you can’t make it think.
maybe it’s not that mine’s too low. maybe everyone else’s is way too high.
elizabeth wurtzel got married, amanda palmer got pregnant, thankfully dorothy parker’s dead, and god knows what they’re going to make of lorealai gilmore.
as soon as i make peace with the idea that it’s too late to die young, it dawns on me that it’s also too late to be a young divorcée.
reality: the ultimate proof that darwin would never have made it in a darwinistic world.